Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last day in Turkey, off to Ukraine

After 9 excellent days in 4 cities in Turkey (Istanbul, Izmir, Seljuk,
and Ankara), I was able to get the reflective blog up to speed up to
my preconceptions of Turkey, and we were able to update several good
pics on Facebook and my wife's blog.

Now we are about to board the M/V Caledonia for a 37-hour ferry ride
from the karakoy harbor in Istanbul, which should get us across the
black sea and into Odessa around noon on Saturday the 16th of May. On
the ferry I hope to be able to wrote posts reflecting on the wonderful
conversations and perceptions I have collected here.

On a scale of 1 to 10 measuring "could we live here?", my wife gives
Istanbul an 8, and I would probably say 8 as well if I lived right
next to the tram or ferry lines I needed.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment